I’m not sure how many followers I still have but I’m going to be moving this blog to a sideblog on my personal!!
I’ll refollow everyone :) not sure what my URL will be though!!
Posted on June 10, 2012
I love breakfast. Best meal of the day.
Spicy Vegan Chili Burger
makes 4 large patties
15 ounce can of kidney beans, drained
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice, short grain (the stickier the better)
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2-4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp hemp seeds
1 tsp salt-free chili spice powder (blend)
3/4 tsp paprika
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/3 cup finely chopped kale
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 link (about 1/3 cup) of Spicy Vegan Sausage, diced (optional)
*Field Roast or Tofurky brands
1/4 tsp salt
fine black pepper to taste
*my “salt-free chili powder” contained black pepper, paprika, onion, garlic, ground chili, turmeric and more.
* roasted corn
* chopped peanuts
* chopped bell pepper
* ground flax seeds
* diced cooked sweet potato
* drizzle of pumpkin seed oil
* my favve… diced jalapeno and/or cayenne for more HEAT
For burger assembly, I used:
* Sprouted Wheat Buns
* spicy mustard and chipotle vegan mayo (a dash of chipotle powder to regular vegan mayo)
* tomato + onion + lettuce +sprouts
* avocado tossed in lemon juice and pepper
1. Add your cooked brown rice and drained kidney beans to a large mixing bowl. With a large fork, mash the kidney beans. Mash at least 60-75% of the beans to create a pasty texture.
2. Toss in all the remaining ingredients - add the nutritional yeast one teaspoon at a time and use to thicken as needed. It also adds a lot of savory cheezy flavor.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp of safflower oil in a large saute pan.
4. Shape patties. You should get about 4 large patties from this recipe.
5. Add patties to sizzling hot oil. Allow patties to absorb some of the oil then quickly flip so that each side gets a thin layer of oil for the saute process.
6. Cook about 3 minutes on each side. You want the burgers to be well-browned, but not burnt. I like to finish my burgers in the oven by baking at 350 for about ten minutes - this really crisps the edges up nicely. This step is optional though.
7. Remove from oven or saute pan and place on a plate until ready to assemble burgers.
No Fry Method! Yes, you could absolutely just bake these burgers in the oven. I’d suggest 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Or do a combo method of a quick saute then finish in the oven to bake.
Assemble with: green leaf lettuce, sprouts, avocado, chipotle vegan mayo, spicy mustard, tomato, dash of pepper, and sprouted wheat buns. Serve warm.
this is a weight loss/fitness/health blog! basically being used to keep me on track while losing weight.
Aude - 17 - USA
GW2: 170 (new black skinny jeans)
GW4: 150 (new dress)
UGW: 130 (I think but lately I've been wondering if I should move it down to 20)
Will update this further after I weigh myself on Monday!!
Blogskin created by Eclair-x. Modified & converted by Cuddly Bear. Some codes from KistyKreme.
Best viewed in 1026 x 768 pixels screen resolution, Mozilla Firefox.